Thursday, January 13, 2011





Feliz Ano! I hope everyone had a great holiday season. Here in Ecuador we had a 3 week break where all but one of us went back to the states to spend some time with our family and friends over the holidays. I will undoubtedly miss being home to hang out with my 6 year old niece, my brothers, my friends, and yes, even my parents. However, I am excited for my next 7 months in the beautiful country (and warm might I add, I believe it is 8 degrees at home right now as opposed to 80 here) of Ecuador that I now call home.



I was unsure of how I would adjust after such a long time in the states. I was actually a bit nervous. I stepped off of the plane and realized my elevation of 9,300 feet due to my shortness of breath, haggled for a price of a cab (I won), opened the door to my house where I was greeted by my fellow co-workers (whom have now become close friends), and felt at home.



I am now officially back into the swing of things. During our 3 work days of last week we promoted the start of our new classes and the reopening of our library. Tuesday marked the first day of our library being open since we left for the states on December 15th. I must say I was excited to see the kids and play uncopious amounts of Uno, which is really saying something. We also were benefactors of a game drive conducted by Zoe’s uncle. We were in dire need of some new games for our library. For this generous donation, we are all extremely grateful.



Well that’s it for now. Hope all is well. Chow.



Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment